Not so long ago, if you would have had happened to visit a hospital nursery, the common discourse that circulated the whole premises probably revolved around the quantity of hair a baby had in contrast to the other. However, times have changed and so too the parents’ preferences. Now, you would see babies heads covered in hats. So, you will have to trust the word of the mom or the dad regarding the presence of any hair under that hat or not. Is this merely a trend or do these hats have something good to offer for a baby’s health? As a matter of fact, these newborn baby hats can be the lifesavers and do plenty more than simply making the baby look adorable.
10 – XiFe Newborn Cool Boy Nursery Beanie
The XiFe Newborn Cool Boy Nursery Beanie come with a lovely knot at the top so that it can fit snugly to the baby’s head. Made of cotton, the monotone product is quite reasonably priced.
- The material used in the newborn baby hat is soft, hospital-grade cotton that does not irritate the sensitive skin of the infant
- The hat can be adjusted to suit the head size of the baby
- The hat comes in neutral colors which goes well with all types of apparel
- The XiFe Newborn Cool Boy Nursery Beanie must be hand-washed or else get ready to say it goodbye sooner rather than later
- The hat is made in China which is certainly a deterrent for those who love to buy American made products
- In spite of the adjustable knot at the top, the cap may be too large for premature babies and those with low weight
9 – Eriso Unisex Striped Bear Soft Knitted Beanie
The Eriso Unisex Striped Bear Soft Knitted Beanie is a phenomenal newborn baby hat that is made of 100% cotton that is soft to a baby’s skin and comes with lovely embroidered details. What’s more, it can be machine washed!
- If you are shopping for twins, the reasonable price of the hat lets you purchase them in multiples
- The top notch cotton is long lasting, soft and weave ensures that the infant’s head is able to properly ventilate
- The manufacturer’s sizing chart lets you choose a size tailored to your baby
- Owing to the large cut, the Eriso Unisex Striped Bear Soft Knitted Beanie may not be the best option for premature babies and those with low weight
- Despite being claimed as 100% cotton, only 33% cotton is used in the fabric of the newborn baby hat
- The cap can shrink in size after multiple washings
8 – Leegor Newborn Infant Knitted Wool Crochet Cap
Are you planning to turn your baby into a future rock star? Well, then do not waste your money on the expensive stuff when you have this bow-adorned cap that is affordable and can be bought in a bundle of 6 without breaking the bank!
- Made of wool knit, so it assists the infant’s body to retain heat
- Available in white, red, pink and lavender colors with matching bow trims suitable for apparel of all kinds
- Trendy and versatile
- The Leegor Newborn Infant Knitted Wool Crochet Cap may be too large even for bigger babies
- If the baby has a very sensitive skin, the wool in the newborn baby hat could irritate his or her skin
- There can be a repulsive fragrance from the chemicals used as preservatives
7 – Dreshow 3-Piece Newborn Cap with Big Bow
The irresistible “girly-girl” styled Dreshow 3-Piece Newborn Cap with Big Bow may be more than your budget but you won’t be able to let it go so easily. Your baby is going to look so cute in it, believe us!
- Incredibly trendy and unique! A must-buy for those first baby photographs to be cherished forever
- The three cap bundle includes pink, blue and white colors
- Created with genuine hospital-grade fabric
- The Dreshow 3-Piece Newborn Cap with Big Bow is so delicate that it must be washed with hands
- Since the designs are trademarked, so the newborn baby hat is expensive
- Bows on the hats are heavy and can be a cause for discomfort for the baby
6 – Gellwhu Sparkle Gem Newborn Baby Girl Nursery Beanie
You won’t be able to restrain yourself when you get your hands on this adorable Gellwhu Sparkle Gem Newborn Baby Girl Nursery Beanie. Once you get it, you will feel the uncontrollable urge to put it on your little fellow’s head and capture a selfie with your bundle of joy. It is available in five colors. You can get one or the entire collection. The choice is yours!
- Brilliant design along with a large sized bow and faux gem clip on this newborn baby hat
- Appropriate for babies between 0 and 3 months old
- Made of genuine hospital grade material
- The caps are so soft and delicate that they could even get damaged if washed with hands
- The faux gem clip used as an embellishment could be hazardous if it comes off when the parents are not around the baby
- The trademarked designs mean that the cap is placed at the higher end of the price spectrum
5 – Oenbopo Winter Warm Knit Infant Crochet Cap
If the furry, large sized tassels at the top of the Oenbopo Winter Warm Knit Infant Crochet Cap are not able to win over your heat, we don’t know what will! The unisex cap is available in six different colors and is a great tool to keep your baby nice and warm both indoors and outdoors when the temperatures plummet.
- Made of quality knitting yarn, the newborn baby hat is stylish and reasonably priced
- Buy one or the entire bundle of 6, the trendy and fashionable hats will serve you and your infant well in the frigid winters
- The Oenbopo Winter Warm Knit Infant Crochet Cap is machine washable
- The manufacturer claims that the cap can be put on even when your baby grows beyond the newborn stage. But it is utterly wrong!
- If you are expecting authentic wool, then you may be disappointed since the fabric is flimsy while the tassels may fall of when used repeatedly
- There have been complaints about inconsistent sizing by the consumers
4 – Foxnovo Caterpillar-Style Handmade Crochet Beanie Hat/Costume
It is time you became a fashion photographer with your little bundle of joy posing in this adorable Foxnovo Caterpillar-Style Handmade Crochet Beanie Hat and Costume. An ideal baby or shower gift for your friends and loved ones!
- Versatile and vibrant! You will get marvelous pictures of your baby dressed in this costume and newborn baby hat
- Designed for infants aged between 3 and 9 months old
- Reasonably priced
- The hand crocheted soft, breathable yarn keeps the baby comfortable
- Consumers have reported that the Foxnovo Caterpillar-Style Handmade Crochet Beanie Hat/Costume is meant for older babies and not newborns
- The yarn tends to pill after laundering so washing and drying can be troublesome
- The chemical used as preservatives for shipping can leave their stench in the cap and costume
3 – Gerber Baby Boys’ 5-Pack Caps
The Gerber Baby Boys’ 5-Pack Caps are what the Gerber fans have been looking for! The hats are very affordable. As a matter of fact, you can get a bundle of 5 for the same amount of money you would pay for purchasing a single cap!
- Get the entire collection of matching newborn baby hats for less than $10
- Made of 100% cotton that is soft and delicate
- Machine washable and can be tumble dried
- Retains heat and so keeps you infant nice and warm
- Being lightweight, the Gerber Baby Boys’ 5-Pack Caps can easily come off your infant’s head
- Parents have reported some stretch issues who claim that the fabric does not “give”
2 – L’ovedbaby Organic Infant Cap
Most of the manufacturers prefer to stick to the tested and tried limited contingent of colors. But L’ovedbaby caters to those fashion-crazy parents who want their infant to become a fashionista. The L’ovedbaby Organic Infant Cap is available in 30 different colors and is manufactured by Carter’s.
- The caps are impeccably stitched to fit snugly before the addition of the manufacturer’s logo
- Machine washable and can be tumble dried
- Available in 7 size groups with the largest one coming with an adjustable tie back for a better fit
- Parents have reported that the border seams tend to leave indentations on the baby’s forehead
- Consumers have termed the adjustable tie backs are flimsy, obnoxious flaps!
- Owing to the high price, parents complain that the sizing issues cannot be overcome
1 – Zutano Unisex Baby Fleece Hat
The lovely Zutano Unisex Baby Fleece Hat is made of 80% cotton and 20% polyester. So, it is soft, formidable and can be washed with ease. It is available in 11 sizes so you won’t be having any issues in this regard!
- Available in 14 vibrant colors so you can match it with any apparel
- A great hat to get your bundle of joy photographed in while he or she remains comfortable
- An ideal newborn baby hat for machine washing
- There have been complaints of head marks owing to a tight fit
- Excessively priced
- Interior lining could cause irritation on baby’s skin
Advantage of newborn baby hats
According to March of Dimes, a baby’s head constitutes about 21% of his or her body’s surface so a stocking cap on the head can help retain the body heat. As a matter of fact, research reveals that a baby is likely to lose 19% more heat if his or her head is left uncovered. That is what makes newborn baby hats so important during the early critical days. Since these hats are lovely and affordable, so the modern day parents are left with tons of options to choose from. Here is some cool baby hat advice that could be of use to you:
- A hat made of ultra-stretchy fabric can be easily put on and slipped of a baby’s head
- If your infant boasts a delicate skin, beware of symptoms that indicate that the fabric is causing irritation or any other reaction
- Fashionable hats may look attractive but it makes more sense to get the ones that are machine washable
- There is no need to buy too many hats. Get them in decent numbers and change them frequently.