Baby Shower Devotional Verses
From the time the announcement is made that a new baby is on the way, the new mom begins her journey toward motherhood. She spends time preparing, planning, and nurturing for the blessed bundle that’s on the way.
As her closest friends help her to prepare, maybe painting the nursery and setting up the crib, there are plans in the works for a special baby shower.
Instead of the usual shower with bunnies, bears, or cartoon themes, a Christian baby shower is being planned; the theme of Noah’s Ark and Bible verses will take the place of Disney Babies and Muppets.
Each person will be asked to read a verse or write one in a journal, perhaps there will be a group prayer for Mom and baby or some special cards with verses. No matter what the activities will be, you might need some help coming up with the perfect verse that’s fitting for your friend.
Below we have selected 17 of the best baby shower devotional verses that you could consider incorporating into the baby shower theme, reading, or group prayer.
Read through them and pick one or all of them to use for the party. If you’re looking for a special gift for Mom, we have also included three devotional books at the end that you might want to consider.
- “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponent’s in court.” (Psalm 127:3-5 New International Version).
- “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” (3 John 4 New International Version).
- “All your children will be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace.” (Isaiah 54:13 New International Version).
- “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3 New International Version).
- “I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.” (1 Samuel 1:27 New International Version).
- “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find me when you seek me if you look for me in earnest.” (Jeremiah 29:11-13 The Living Bible Paraphrased).
- “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139:14 New International Version).
- “And I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns.” (Philippians 1:6 The Living Bible Paraphrased).
- “Only God knows how deep is my love and longing for you- with the tenderness of Jesus Christ. My prayer for you is that you will overflow more and more with love for others, and at the same time keep on growing in spiritual knowledge and insight, for I want you always to see clearly the difference between right and wrong, and to be inwardly clean, no one being able to criticize you from now until our Lord returns. May you always be doing those good, kind things that show you are a child of God, for this will bring much praise and glory to the Lord.” (Philippians 1:8-11 The Living Bible Paraphrased).
- “In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of people who are crooked and stubborn. Shine out among them like beacon lights, holding out to them the Word of Life.” (Philippians 2:14-16 The Living Bible Paraphrased).
- “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12 New International Version).
- “For this reason, I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.” (Ephesians 3:14-21 New International Version).
- “All my prayers for you are full of praise to God!” (Philippians 1:3 The Living Bible Paraphrased).
- “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” (Psalm 16:11 New International Version).
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves.” (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 New International Version).
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 4:6-7 The Living Bible Paraphrased).
- “And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t get discouraged and give up.” (Galatians 6:9 The Living Bible Paraphrased).
Books that Would Make Great Gifts
Hope Unfolding: Grace-Filled Truth for the Momma’s Heart
Becoming Mom Strong: How to Fight with All That’s in You for Your Family and Your Faith
Pressing Pause: 100 Quiet Moments for Moms to Meet with Jesus