Messages to Write in a Baby Shower Card
So, you got an invitation to a baby shower. You have gone through the registry, ordered the gift and it will be at your front door within a matter of days.
You have mapped out the address, you know what time you need to be there, and you’re prepared to wear the clothespin they will hand you at the door for that famous, “don’t say the word baby” game.
Now all you need to do is wait for the gift, so you can get it wrapped up neatly in that shiny wrapping paper showing off those colorful teddy bears, and you will be sure to carefully hook that rattle to the ribbon.
Of course, there is one more thing you will need to do; you will need to write a message inside the baby shower card and the envelope will need to be addressed properly, because, of course, you wouldn’t want Aunt Mary to make her card look better than yours.
Gee, you didn’t realize there were so many preparations for a baby shower, but you wouldn’t want to be the one who shows up empty handed, eats all the food, and wins all the prizes, would you?
So, with all this in mind, let’s talk a little about baby shower etiquette.
Choosing the Gift
When you received your invitation the baby registry was attached, after all, how would you have known what to buy, but let’s talk about what you would have done if the bubbly mom-to-be didn’t have a registry.
In that case, you would want to know if a boy or girl is on the way. If Mom doesn’t know the sex of the baby, that’s okay too because you can find a lot of gender neutral gifts that will work just fine.
Ask what the theme of the nursery is going to be and find out what they really need. Try and pick a gift that is more practical and something that Mom can use several of is a good idea too.
Something like crib sheets and blankets is things Mom will need plenty of, so go ahead and consider that if you want.
Diapers, wipes, onesies, socks, newborn hats, and bibs are also great gifts to think about. Also, keep in mind that Mom and Dad will be happy with a supply of gas drops and pain relievers at 2 am.
Special keepsakes are always welcome along with something a little special for Mom to enjoy while she enjoys the last few nights of rest in the hospital.
Addressing the Envelope
Now you need to decide if you’re going to choose a card with an envelope, or should you opt for one of those tiny, impersonal cards that come with gift bags, or those that you find attached to a flower bouquet.
If you want to send out a thoughtful message to the mom-to-be, it would be a nice gesture to get a standard sized card and include a special message, more about that in a minute, but let’s talk about the envelope.
Don’t put all your time into that perfect wrapping and special message only to attach a blank envelope to the package; you need to address it to someone, but to whom?
You can put Mom’s name on the envelope, unless of course, the baby shower is for Dad too, in that case, you will want to be sure you address both Mom and Dad’s name on the envelope.
If you know the baby’s name you could put that on the envelope, or you could be cutesy and put the baby’s name followed by Mom and Dad because once you have a child, you rarely ever have a first name anymore. If you’re the parent of an older child, you probably understand the reference here.
Writing a Message Inside the Card
Finally, you will want to write a special message inside the card for the expectant parents to enjoy, but what should you say to them?
If you’re a close family member you will probably have it in your mind to write a special message for them that will help and encourage them through this new experience of parenthood.
If the Mom-to-be is your best friend then you probably have some inside jokes that you want to share with her, but keep in mind, some people could get offended, so be careful if someone other than Mom is reading the cards.
Keep in mind that Mom isn’t the only one who will be blessed with the presence of the new baby, the little one will be a blessing for the entire family, so keep siblings, and Dad in mind too when writing your special message.
No matter what you decide to write, Mom will like the fact that you took the time to make it personal and from your heart.
If you are at a loss for what to write, you will appreciate the following list of messages to write in a baby shower card.
From this list, you can choose from categories, and you can take the words and make them your own by adding your own thoughts into the phrases.
General Baby Shower Wishes
- Twinkle, twinkle little star, we can’t wait to see how cute you are! Wishing you the most love, happiness, and good health during this blessed time.
- Here’s to smiles, laughter, patience, and joy. We pray you get a healthy baby boy or girl.
- A little gift wrapped up and tied, a little wish for the baby inside!
- Thank you for inviting me to share in your blessed event. Wishing you all the best in motherhood.
- The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts. Enjoy this love.
- A blessed event is about to happen, wishing you a safe and healthy delivery.
- A baby is a blessing. A gift from heaven above! Congratulations and lots of love.
- A lot of love and best wishes on the arrival of your new baby.
- Precious one, so small, so sweet, dancing in on Angel’s feet, straight from heaven’s brightest star, what a blessing you truly are.
- I am so excited for you! Your life will never be the same. Have fun and enjoy, your little bundle of joy.
- Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! You are going to be an excellent mom!
- Stop worrying Mom, you’ve got this!
- Welcome to the world (insert baby’s name)! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness, love, and health.
- Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
- The love just got real! I’m so excited for you, congratulations!
- A new baby makes love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, savings smaller and homes happier. Congratulations and best wishes on your wonderful blessing!
- The sweet sound of baby’s voice will be music to your ears
- Baby booties, baby toys, baby shower, baby joys. Warmest wishes to you and your family.
- Acknowledge how lucky as parents you are. Smile, as you gaze into your newborn’s eyes. Soak in the joy of having a baby and appreciate your life’s biggest prize. Wishing you all the best.
- Diapers and crumbs and sucking their thumbs; that’s what babies are made of. Congratulations!
Baby Shower Wishes for a Baby Girl
- Booties and bonnets, ribbons and lace, little-stuffed toys all over the place. Congratulations on your sweet little baby girl.
- I’m tickled pink to meet your new baby girl.
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice; that’s what baby girls are made of, congratulations on the arrival of your new baby daughter.
- A cradle full of best wishes for your newborn baby girl. Congratulations!
- Excited to meet the new little lady in your life. May she be as smart, sweet and sassy as her mommy!
Baby Shower Wishes for a Baby Boy
- May he melt your heart in ways no other man could! All the love to you and your baby boy.
- Oh boy! I can’t wait to meet him. Thank you for allowing me to share in this blessed event with you.
- Get ready for toy cars in all shapes and sizes, for balls, bats, bikes, and all kind of surprises. Congratulations on your new little man.
- Here comes a brand new little boy, to fill all our hearts and lives with joy! Congratulations on the celebration of your upcoming event!
- Tiny fingers and tickly toes, cowboy boots and trucks to tow. A bundle of joy created by love. A precious gift, from Heaven above. Congratulations to the proud new mom and dad.
Baby Shower Wishes for Twins
- If there’s anything more special than a new baby on the way, it’s two babies on the way! Congratulations!
- Here comes double trouble! Congratulations on your twins.
- It’s twins! Congratulations! Twins mean double the kisses and double the fun; it’s double the joy for everyone!
- There are many reasons to smile, and you have two more on the way! Congratulations on your twins.
- One will cry, and one will laugh, one will weep, and one will sleep. Through the troubles and the double shift, these memories will be worth the keep.
Baby Shower Wishes for Second Baby
- Now that the stork knows where you live, may this child bring you the same joy as your first.
- Your first child has brought so much joy to our lives that we just can’t wait to meet the second! Congratulations and best wishes to your growing family.
- A mother’s love is like no other. The smile on your first child’s face shows that your love is abundant. May you continue to delight in your children as your family grows.
- The best part of having a second child is that no one will try to give you parenting advice because they know this isn’t your first rodeo. Congratulations and best wishes to your growing family!
- A second baby means double the cuteness, double the sweetness, and double the happiness in your family. Congratulations.
Humorous Baby Shower Wishes
- Hello baby! Goodbye, sleep!
- Remember this shower because it will be the last one you will enjoy in peace!
- I heard about your newest creation. Congratulations on your creativity!
- Welcome to parenthood, where now going to the grocery store by yourself will be considered a vacation. Congratulations!
- Parenthood is one of the best journeys in life. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
- Trade in the designer purse and high heels for a diaper bag and flip-flops, you’re having a baby! Congratulations!
- Congratulations, you only need 14 more babies to qualify for your own reality show. Happy baby shower!